2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:12:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "An 11-acre property that Eastern Michigan University is considering purchasing, " Ypsilanti, Michigan

11 acres for sale near EMU have various contamination issues

By Martin Slagtermslagte
MLive (MI)
November 12, 2018

YPSILANTI, MI - An 11-acre property that Eastern Michigan University is considering purchasing near campus presents a more challenging and complex redevelopment than the typical Brownfield property, according to Nathan Voght, Brownfield redevelopment coordinator for Washtenaw County.

After obtaining a letter of intent from Urban Campus Communities LLC to sell the property for $2.65 million last month,the university must now determine if it wants to redevelop the site adjacent to the northeast end of campus, which would require extensive environmental testing before proceeding, Voght said.

"I know it's contaminated," Voght said of the property at 800 Lowell St. "I know there are a lot of buildings to demolish and a bunch of stuff down there that they would have to deal with. I think part of the (due diligence period means) they're going to have to poke around and see what they find."

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/11/brownfield_site_has_various_is.html

Executive Director