2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:09:09 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Investigators may be 'zeroing in' on source of TCE contamination" near San Luis Obispo (CA

Investigators may be 'zeroing in' on source of TCE contamination

BY CHRIS MCGUINNESS
New Times San Luis Obispo (CA)
November 29, 2018News

Officials with the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board say they may be getting closer to finding the source of a chemical plume that contaminated wells in the Buckley Road area, but the investigation remains ongoing.

It's been nearly three years since water quality officials discovered levels of trichloroethylene, or TCE, that exceeded the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) drinking water standards in the groundwater of domestic wells in the area. While investigators still have not publicly identified the source of the contamination, they say they are getting closer to finding it.

"We basically think we are zeroing in on a hot spot, which will give us clues to the source," said Dean Thomas, a project manager for the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.newtimesslo.com/sanluisobispo/investigators-may-be-zeroing-in-on-source-of-tce-contamination/Content

Executive Director