2021 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 14:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] TCE at Sporlan Valve site, Washington, Missouri

EPA wants more wells at Sporlan site on Washington's Seventh Street

By Ethan Colbert •
eMissourian
May 8, 2021

Washington city officials said a significant environmental cleanup must be completed before the former home of the Sporlan Valve facility on East Seventh Street can be redeveloped, and the cleanup could take years.

“I think it would be an excellent opportunity once we get everything taken care of to do a redevelopment of the property,” said Darren Lamb, Washington’s city administrator.

The site, which was home to Sporlan, a refrigeration valve manufacturing facility, first opened in 1939 and through the years used trichloroethylene, or TCE, as a degreaser and industrial solvent. The hazardous chemical has been detected in groundwater, soil gas and indoor air surrounding the site, according to a July 2019 report from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.emissourian.com/local_news/epa-wants-more-wells-at-sporlan-site-on-washingtons-seventh-street/article_f6b91092-af88-11eb-a2f0-9bfc1e3fca86.html

—