2021 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 11:52:34 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Mansfield Business Park gives verbal nod to donate old Westinghouse land, " Mansfield, Ohio

Mansfield Business Park gives verbal nod to donate old Westinghouse land

By Lou Whitmire
Mansfield News Journal (OH)
December 17, 2021

Mansfield Business Park, which owns the former Westinghouse property between East Fourth and Fifth streets, plans to donate the roughly 13-plus acres to the Richland County Land Bank.

The concrete pad area has been an eyesore for more than a decade.

Richland County Commissioner Tony Vero said Thursday, "This agreement confirms the owners’ intent to donate.  We may not have full legal title by time the application is due.  We need the letter of intent in order to apply."

The new state budget includes $500 million to clean up brownfield sites and tear down old industrial and commercial buildings, along with residential structures. Each of Ohio's 88 counties will receive $500,000 for demolitions and $1 million for brownfield remediation, Hamrick said.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/2021/12/17/mansfield-business-park-gives-verbal-nod-donate-westinghouse-land/8922153002/

—