2022 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:11:52 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former Lunt Silversmiths property, Greenfield, Massachusetts

Health board ‘satisfied’ with status of remediation efforts at Lunt property in Greenfield

By MARY BYRNE
Greenfield Record (MA)
January 27, 2022

GREENFIELD — The Board of Health indicated at its meeting Wednesday that it is satisfied with the environmental cleanup status of the former Lunt Silversmiths property on Federal Street.

“We have to get it to be as good as we can but it’s never going to be perfect, which is unfortunate, but it’s the truth. We do the best we can,” said Board of Health Chair Nancee Bershof. “I’m satisfied the best has been done that can be done, and it sounds like my board members are as well.”

…

She noted that the measurements collected between 2012 and 2018 to monitor the efficacy of mitigation systems put in place — including a passive ventilation system — were above what is allowed of residential range, but “almost fell within the residential range.” The property is designated as a commercial/industrial property, which has higher acceptable thresholds for TCE measurements.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.recorder.com/Health-board--satisfied--with-status-of-remediation-efforts-at-Lunt-property-in-Greenfield-44782699

—