2022 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:22:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Related Santa Clara (City Place), Santa Clara, California

Santa Clara’s biggest development slated to break ground this year

by Kate Bradshaw
San Jose Spotlight
MARCH 21, 2022

Related Santa Clara, an $8 billion development considered to be Silicon Valley’s biggest private mixed-use project, is set to finally break ground this year after facing delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Like many large, mixed-use projects, the pandemic has pushed back our timetable, but (Related Santa Clara) is on track and expects to break ground later this year,” Evette Davis, spokesperson for developer The Related Companies, told San José Spotlight. “We know of no obstacles and look forward to making more definitive announcements about the project soon.”

Related Santa Clara, located at 5155 Stars and Stripes Drive in Santa Clara, set local records for the project’s scope and scale when it was approved back in 2016.

…

For the entire article, see
https://sanjosespotlight.com/silicon-valley-biggest-mixed-use-development-related-santa-clara-slated-to-break-ground-this-year-2022/

I wrote about the project in 2015: http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/CityPlace.pdf