2023 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:36:10 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Brownfield cleanup at Silo City redevelopment site nears completion and state OK, " Buffalo, New York

Brownfield cleanup at Silo City redevelopment site nears completion and state OK

by Jay Tokasz
Buffalo News (NY)
November 7, 2023

About 2,800 tons of contaminated historic fill and concrete have been removed from the landmark Silo City complex to make way for the completion of a $41 million conversion of a former grain mill and warehouse into apartments, offices and other uses.

The State Department of Environmental Conservation said cleanup of the 6-acre brownfield site along the Buffalo River is substantially completed, although agency officials are still reviewing a final engineering report.

The DEC must issue a certificate of completion before developers can complete redevelopment plans unveiled in 2020.

“I don’t have a date certain, although I can tell you that all conversations I’ve had lead me to believe that we’re going to have that in hand by the end of the year,” said Anthony Ceroy, co-managing partner of Generation Development, a Florida-based company with 1,700 apartments in several states.

…

For the entire article, see
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/brownfield-cleanup-at-silo-city-redevelopment-site-nears-completion-and-state-ok/article_1fc5616a-7b43-11ee-9119-1f5635b3a315.html

—