2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 8 Dec 2005 19:50:00 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] County view of Ingleside Naval Station (TX)

County OK to let base go to port

Officials still considering outside help

By Brandi Dean
Corpus Christi Caller-Times (TX)
December 8, 2005

Nueces County commissioners are still considering creating a local redevelopment authority to represent the county's interest when Naval Station Ingleside is closed, but they are willing to see the property returned to the Port of Corpus Christi.

The commissioners signed a resolution Wednesday requesting that the Secretary of the Navy comply with the port's reversionary rights, but also voted unanimously to hire Hurt, Nolton and Associates, Inc., a Washington D.C.-based consulting firm, to help the county deal with the closure. Commissioner Chuck Cazalas said it's possible that dealing with the base closure might include forming a redevelopment authority.

"It could include a local redevelopment authority. But at the same time, we support the resolution. I think they're all compatible," Cazalas said. The cost of hiring a consultant was not discussed Wednesday.

http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_news/article/0,1641,CCCT_811_4299107,00.html