2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Jun 2006 03:59:44 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Badger ammo plant (WI) recycling

Recycling helps fund Badger plant cleanup

Sauk Prairie Eagle (WI)
June 28, 2006

TOWN OF SUMPTER - Mike Sitton spent two years planning how to work with Spec Pro, the Army's contractor, to recycle as much material as possible from the Badger Army Ammunition Plant.

"This is my science project," Sitton said. "And I'm proud of it."

If fully funded, Sitton said demolition of the buildings in the plant could be done by 2010 to 2011. But because the project is not fully funded, he has come up with a plan to safely demolish structures deemed hazardous or structurally unsafe and recoup funds for the process.

That means some buildings will remain.

http://www.wiscnews.com/spe/news/index.php?ntid=89291&ntpid=0