2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 20 May 2007 15:55:42 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] SunuCal at Alameda Point (CA)

SunCal shines just right in Alameda
Company changed minds to win naval base development contract

By Kelly Rayburn
Inside Bay Area/Tri-Valley Herald
May 20, 2007

ALAMEDA - The day Irvine-based SunCal Cos. took ownership of the former Oak Knoll Naval Hospital last year, the company held a meeting at the Oakland Airport Hilton, offering locals designer chocolates and a promise their voices would be heard in the development process.

It was the second in a string of Oak Knoll community meetings the company has held - and it embodied the kind of community outreach in Oakland that impressed officials in Alameda as they weighed what company would earn development rights on Alameda Point, on the former U.S. Naval Air Station.

"I've been a consistent advocate for SunCal because I think they're going to bring a different energy to the city," Alameda City Councilwoman Lena Tam said.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivalleyherald/localnews/ci_5942450