2008 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:45:40 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] This newsgroup to be combined with the Military Environmental Forum.

Nearly three years ago, in anticipation of the "mother of all base
closure rounds," CPEO created the Installation Reuse Forum (IRF) as a
spin-off from the older Military Environmental Forum (MEF). However, the
2005 closure round was not as significant as expected, and we have found
a great deal of topical overlap between the two lists. Therefore, as of
today (February 7, 2008) WE ARE RE-COMBINING THE TWO LISTS as the MEF.

Your IRF subscription is being transferred to the MEF. If you subscribe
to both, you will simply receive both sets of messages via the MEF.
Messages that would have been posted on the IRF will be tagged with the
keywords CLOSURE or REUSE in the subject line.

 From now on, the MEF will be FREE OF CHARGE again. We found that the
"paperwork" associated with maintaining subscription lists and the loss
of readership was not justified by the income.

However, neither of our remaining newsgroups - the MEF and the always
free Brownfields Internet Forum (BIF) - is currently supported by
grants. We will soon be sending out a fund-raising letter seeking
donations to support these services. To donate to CPEO, see
http://www.cpeo.org/donate.html.

If you have routinely been forwarding messages from either the MEF or
IRF, or know of people who might wish to subscribe to either remaining
newsgroup (the MEF or BIF), please let them know that the services are
now free. For subscription information, see http://www.cpeo.org/sub.html.

Finally, past postings from all three Newsgroups are accessible from
http://www.cpeo.org/newsgrp.html.