1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: nolan@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu
Date: 30 Dec 1994 06:59:38
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Treasure Island Museum

Posting from Michael Nolan <nolan@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu>

Good to hear from you. I'm a fan of your Museum and an amateur student
of the '39 Worlds Fair, including Diego Rivera's mural-in-progress
project.

I continue to be quite involved in the retraining/reuse of Mare Island
Naval Shipyard which possesses a Roundhouse originally built for the TI
Fair. You are probably aware of the rich historical significance and
resources of "MINSY", founded by Capt. Farragut in 1854. Dennis Kelly,
Base Transition Coordinator, is very interested in creating an historical
park there.

Perhaps you folks can make common cause. Imagine a ferry run that took
tourists and history buffs and school children from the Ferry Building in
San Francisco to Treasure Island to Mare Island!

The friendship and political alliance of Congressmembers Nancy Pelosi and
George Miller could be very supportive of such a project. Let me know how I
can help.

Michael Nolan
415-904-7755 or e-mail