1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 12:09:58 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Request for info on NATO trng site,

for cpro conference

16.01.95 / 16:19 * Guten Tag, I am doing a research training on the
environment problems at the German NATO training site Bergen (between
Hamburg and Hannover / North Germany). US troops have used that site in
the last decade, mostly by the units of the former Garlstedt garrison
(now abandoned) where 2d Armored Div (Fwd), units of the 41 Mech
Infantry Div and other units were deployed. I am interested in 1) all
details of the Bergen training site itself (since the German DOD is not
willing release data on it....) = particularly on details of its
shooting ranges and 2) on all details of US troops exercising there in
the years 1988-90 (which units have been there for what period, what
ammunition did they use, what were the exercise paragidmas etc). Local
newspaper clips do even refer to napalm exercises at the beginnings of
the 60ies!. I am certain that there exist data on that military range
and the US troops exercises there in US military files/archives and I wonder
whether anybody can give me an idea how I can get those data and where
in DC.
I might be in DC in February so every advice is appreciated. Thanx
Burkhard Luber

Dr Burkhard Luber, Heidland 13, 28870 Ottersberg, Germany,
FAX: (49+)-4293-1337, Phone: (49+)-4293-1264