1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: coho@whidbey.net
Date: 23 Mar 1995 10:31:08
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: DERTF LOCATION (May 23-24 meeting)

Posting from coho@whidbey.net (Bill Skubi)

Dear Conference members
Why couldn't we use this opportunity to match RAB members from around the
country issue for issue with RAB members from So. Cal who will be attending
this meeting so that public comment could be leveraged to represent broader
issues rather than one RAB's special problem.
For example a southern Californian could speak on procedural issues:
"I am so and so from such and such RAB. I would like to report on
difficulties we have had establishint operating procedures of our RAB. This
problem is not ours alone. We are in contact with several RABs that report
similar problems, and some that report success in resolving them. My report
to the DERTF will draw on the experience of these other RABs around the
country. . . "

To accomplish this in the time available I suggest the conference identify
issues that have already surfaced and ask for additional ones to be submitted.
Once issues are identified with spokespeople planning to attend the DERTF
meeting conference members from around the country add their experiences to
the topics.

Seems like some such scheme would actually be a step toward establishing the
kind of connectivity the conference was intended to create.
Bill Skubi>

UPDATE ON DERTF MEETING IN SAN BERNADINO

> The Defense Environmental Response Task Force
>(DERTF), a high-level Federal committee responsible for
>improving cleanup strategies at closing military bases, is scheduled
>to meet in San Bernadino, California, May 23-24 (Tuesday-
>Wednesday). The meeting will take place at the San Bernadino
>Radisson Hotel at the Convention Center, 295 N. E Street.
>
> There is a public comment period scheduled for Wednesday,
>May 24 at 7:00 pm. This a is a good opportunity for RAB members
>from throughout Southern California to give direct input to policy-
>makers. On the night of May 23 DERTF members will meeting
>with the Norton Air Force Base Restoration Advisory Board.
>

>Lenny Siegel

Bill Skubi