1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Diane Takvorian <dtakvorian@igc.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 15:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: San Diego Homeporting [4

I am with the San Diego Military TOxics Campaign. We are in the process of
rev iewing the EIS for a major Homeporting project for 3 CVN (nuclear powered aircraft carriers) in San Diego. Does any one out there have expertise to offer us regarding the issues surrounding this kind of major realignment and new
military construction? The proposal will dredge 9 million cubic yards of the Bay and fill in 13 acres. There is also very little information regarding the threats related to nuclear accidnets from aircraft carriers. Please write to
dtakvorian@igc.org