1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu
Date: 13 Sep 1995 17:48:59
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: A potential solution to the Canadian Army tank range conundrum.

Posting from Don Zweifel <zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu>

To all recipients of the net:

Perhaps now would be as good a time as any to offer a helping hand to our
brothers and sisters in the north.

However, we probably shouldn't jump the gun as the people from the
province of Quebec will soon be voting in a special referendum around
Oct.30 of this year on whether to secede from the Dominion of Canada
or not.

If it becomes a fait accompli then we believe that our government should
offer the remaining provinces of Canada an opportunity for statehood
before anyone else does.

Our premise is that these provinces will opt for joining the Union.

Then we'd be probably on the safe side by postulating that our DoD
might be turned loose to clean up the terrible mess the Canadian Army
created at their own tank range, if there's Canadian $ in the till.

One can always find a flip side to an argument, n'est ce pas?

 Don Zweifel