1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 14:00:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: BASE CLOSURE CLEANUP FUNDING

BASE CLOSURE FUNDING

I've received a copy of Military Construction Appropriations language
dealing BRAC 1995 (Round IV) environmental funding. Though it is
subject to interpretation, the language directs that funds be obligated
only for "site surveys, environmental baseline surveys, environmental
analysis under the National Environmental Policy Act, and for planning
and design until Committees on Appropriations have been provided with a
five year program..."

I see this as funding "surge" environmental activities associated with
base closure, such as NEPA requirements or environmental baseline
surveys, but not the normal costs of remedial investigation and
feasibility studies associated with cleanup programs in general.

Lenny