1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Sam Goodhope" <Sam.Goodhope@OAG.STATE.TX.US>
Date: 26 Jun 1997 10:46:02
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: SENATE CLEANUP NUMBERS

Where does the Army get authority to not request sufficient funds to meet
all of its requirements, not only the requirements it deems "high priority"?
Has the Adminsitration withdrawn the executive order mandating budget
requests to meet all cleanup requirements? (I believe it is EO 12088.)
Didn't we raise the issue in FFERDC that the Services would take their
respective self-determined risk rankings for its sites into account in order
to build their budgets or budget requests? Were we not assured that that
would not happen? --that in fact, funds would be requested for all
requirements. Could I be asking any more questions, Captain?
Perhaps, it is time to help our brethern (and sistern?) in the Services by
the states bringing enforcement actions in order to reduce cleanup
requirements to court orders in order to help them document the need for
more budget.

 Sam the Curmudgeon