1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Robert Coughran" <RCoughran@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:28:24 -0700
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Mather Early Transfer

I have reviewed the proposed Early Transfer at Mather in great detail. The
only pollution on the parcel is PCE and TCE in the ground water. The treatment
system to clean that up is under comstruction and expected to go on line by
next summer. The land is mainly vacant with only two buildings existing. Both
are already leased out and in use. The plan, as I understand it, is for the
parcel to be the first phase of a proposed office park going up on the base.

Regulators are currently reviewing the documents and their comments are
due in shortly.

I have no concerns about the transfer, There has been no opposition from
the folks that live around here. I have a copy of the documents if anyone is
interested in details or has specific questions.

Robert Coughran
Community Co-Chair, Mather

Note: Robert also points out that Mather is the first Superfund National
Priorities List site where an early transfer is proposed.

Lenny Siegel
Director, SFSU CAREER/PRO (and Pacific Studies Center)
c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@igc.org