1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Steven Pollack <themissinglink@eznetinc.com>
Date: 22 Sep 1998 13:17:23
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Range Fires

Dear Rick Stauber:

I think the solution is more forethought on the part of the military in
their practice range operations in the first place.

Using depleted uranium in artillery does not show forethought as I can see
your arguement being used to not remediate these future range nightmares. I
digress as this is another subject and does not address the Army
personnel/public safety issue at Ted Henry's site.

Your arguement about not cleaning up former ranges in an environmentally
sensitive way due to the dangers to underpaid clearance workers could easily
be turned around to argue against having a military in the first place.
Sending all those soldiers into harms way abroad for so little pay!

Lets get real. Every job has it's risks and people take risky jobs all the
time. Coal mines are not optimal places for health yet people work in them.

This is a tired arguement. Sending toxic plumes towards unsuspecting
citizens(for no compensation) cannot really be your line in the sand.

Steven Pollack
http://www.familyjeweler.com/rdx.htm