1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Ledfodan@aol.com
Date: 28 Aug 1998 14:53:00
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Natural Attenuation (NA) (A Modest Reply)

Very well said Susan, especially about the reluctance for regulators to make
a decision. DoD and contractors have to make the decisions and weight the
benefits, pros and cons, and have to stand behind them. In a review role it
is often much more comfortable to be able to identify what's wrong with an
approach rather than develop the approach and be willing to put it forward,
in spite of the reviews of others. This is not always a comfortable position to
be in. I think everyone agrees that reviews are a critical element of our
process and we must be free to express our opinons. However, there will
always differing views from those who are really on the firing line and those
who are not.