1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Ricky S. Stauber" <rstauber@olg.com>
Date: 23 Nov 1998 16:22:24
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Biological Warfare Agents (fwd)

Mark:

While conducting research at the National Archives, College Park, MD on
chemical weapons in Panama I found reference to a very large Chemical
Warfare ASP on Saipan. It was in unit history files concerning Ordnance
Units (WW-II).

Also look in Record Group 175 it contains a very large amount of
Chemical Warfare items. Trace the supply point for Chemical to the
Pacific, Seattle, WA. was one of the major transportation centers.

There is a classified report at the Chemical Non-Stockpile Agency
located at Edgewood. It contains all overseas sites that may contain
CWM.

There are some more Record Groups that can be used to cross-check
infromation. Don't rely on only one set of references a lot of the
records concerning CWM have been miss-placed or lost. A lot of times
you can cross check via military unit movements. Check the unit
reference files for Chemical Units and Ordnance Units.

Contact me if you need any assistance on this I live in Waldorf MD. it's
only a couple of miles from the archives. 24+ years in EOD/UXO work and
have been researching at the National Archives for over 10 years now
both UXO and CWM issues.

Rick Stauber
Master EOD Technician
(rstauber@olg.com)