1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: JAMES WOOLFORD <WOOLFORD.JAMES@epamail.epa.gov>
Date: 30 Nov 1998 09:55:24
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Info request: lead cleanup

I am surprised to see these levels. They are well below the 400 ppm soil
screening level for CERCLA and the proposed 400 ppm "level of
concern" in the proposed TSCA 403 regulation. I won't say there are
no Superfund sites with cleanup levels this low, but if there are any,
there are only a few.

If not too much a problem, I'd like to find out how these levels were
developed.

On the technology front. As far as I know the use XRF (X-ray
floresence (sp?) ) technology is a good candidate technology.