1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net (marylia)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:12:27 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: New! Cool! On The Web! Tri-Valley CAREs!

New! Cool! Free! Must See! All that and an unstoppable force for good, too!
Announcing new stuff on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site!
(address at end of message)

** The latest, very cool postcard calling on President Clinton to de-alert
nuclear weapons. It is ready for you to download, e.g. in jpeg format. The
graphic shows the earth being cradled in safe hands. The text (in
semi-circles around the graphic) says: Make the world a safer place... Take
nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert. CHECK IT OUT. GET YOURS TODAY.

(And, if for any reason you have trouble downloading the postcard and want
a camera ready template sent to you by snail mail, just send me a note with
your address -- which you can do directly from the web site.)

** Our March 1999 newsletter, Citizen's Watch is on the web now with:

(1) news on plutonium filter failures and other problems at the Dept. of
Energy's Livermore Lab. This information was dragged out of DOE via a
Freedom of Information Act request and, ultimately, a lawsuit when the
agency tried to stonewall. This information on HEPA filter problems has
relevance to other nuclear sites around the country!

(2) everything you need to participate in the country-wide grassroots
campaign to de-alert the U.S. nuclear arsenal by the Year 2000! Download
the article and the postcard. Order an action kit. Pass the word on to
others.

(3) a calendar of events -- including the Good Friday (April 2) morning
observance and demonstration at the gates of Livermore Lab. This year the
theme is "Confessing the Idolatry of Our Nuclear Weapons." All people of
peace are welcome. Also, get details about a Public Meeting - March 18 at 6
PM - on the Livermore Lab's site 300 cleanup, the Tri-Valley CAREs' meeting
on March 25 and more.

(4) an article on "Site 300: Risks and Remedies," about the importance of
cleaning up radioactive and toxic waste at Livermore Lab's high explosives
testing range, located between Livermore and Tracy, California.

(5) more!!! Address follows...

++++ Please note that my email address has changed to
<marylia@earthlink.net> on 3/1/99 ++++

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!
Our web site will remain at this location. Only my email address has
changed on 3/1/99.

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
international Abolition 2000 network for the elimination of nuclear
weapons.