1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 19:00:51 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: CPEO Opens Washington, DC office

CPEO has opened a Washington, DC office.  It will be staffed by CPEO
Associate Director, Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>

CPEO
122 C Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC  20001
tel: 202-662-1888
fax: 202-628-1825

Our main offices remain in San Francisco (see contact information below).
CPEO has been discussing the possibility of establishing a DC presence for
quite some time and all of the logistics just came together.  We felt that
it was essential to strengthen our ties as well as build relationships
on the east coast.  Being in Washington will allow us the opportunity to
do so.  Of course we had to do this during the second hottest DC summer
this century...!

Please feel free to stop by and visit when you find yourself in the
nation's capitol.  We're conviently located near both Union Station and
the capitol.

Additionally, Jeff Green has found greener pastures (pun certainly
intended) in the computer industry at an internet start-up.  He will take
his considerable computer skills and put them to use as a systems
administrator.  Though gone, but not forgotten, we will kidnap him on
occasion so he can lend his technical expertise to a worthy cause.  While
Jeff was here he streamlined our electronic communications systems and
organized our massive amounts of data and for that I will always be
eternally grateful.

We have hired Pauline Simon and she will administer the listserve and
maintain our website along with other tasks.  Please bear with us as she
makes the adjustment to our idiosyncracies.  This might mean that messages
don't get posted to the listserve quite so quickly for a week or two.
However, we'll work to make this transition as seamless as possible for
all involved.

Aimee Houghton
Associate Director

CPEO, SFSU Urban Institute