1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Mervtano@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Monitoring wells

Why is not every well, every stack on every federal facility capable of being
remotely monitored by anyone with a computer and modem and with a yen to do
so?  If we can watch bedrooms, streets in Paris and traffic in New York City
24 hours a day on our computers, we ought to be able to get the raw data from
every well and stack in every federal facility and we ought to have the
ability to run those data through a software package that will give us all
the fancy graphs and reports on every contaminant we desire.  How's that for
transparency?  That's the kind of institutional control I like.

Sorry this response is non-responsive, but this is a hot-button issue with me.