2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:45:20 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site!

Dear peace and environmental advocates:

Tri-Valley CAREs has new information on its web site -- check it out at
http://www.igc.org/tvc. There you will find:

(1) The National Ignition Facility at the New Millennium.

Read the latest on the problem-plagued NIF megalaser, learn that its
diagnostic equipment isn't even included in its present price tag and find
out about other important "tid bits" that may help you in your efforts to
stop this dangerous nuclear weapons program. (Also, check back issues of
Citizen's Watch on the web for lots of good stuff on this bad program!)

(2) Tri-Valley CAREs Files Lawsuit Over Livermore Lab Hazardous Waste

What's a community to do when a state agency gives a nuclear weapons
facility a permit to construct a huge, new hazardous waste treatment
facility without so much as an Environmental Impact Report? Find out why
Tri-Valley CAREs and allies are in court and what we hope to accomplish.

(3) Public Hearing on GE Vallecitos Sought

Did you know that irradiated nuclear fuel rods are coming across the
country from Pennsylvania and other states to Pleasanton, California and
the GE Vallecitos Nuclear Center? Read the latest in our efforts to educate
our members and the public about this highly secret program.

(4) Risky Business

Read this short recap of our Town Meeting in December on the issue of
Radiation and Risk -- a topic that affects us all. See what Dr. Owen
Hoffman and author Carolyn Raffensperger had to say about these risks.

(5) More

Check out the "Print Bites" for short summaries of current events, look
through our Citizen's Alerts for YOUR opportunities to get involved.

Don't forget to check out our links page -- you will find a new link to the
"Back From the Brink" campaign to take nuclear weapons off hair-trigger
alert and lots more.

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
international Abolition 2000 network for the elimination of nuclear
weapons.

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Check out the new and improved Topica site!
http://www.topica.com/t/13