2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: hdqrs@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:14:20 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] EPA Interim Policy on Institutional Controls ...

At 01:58 PM 02/03/2000 -0800, Lenny Siegel wrote:
>[Below, in text form, is EPA's recently signed policy on requirements
>for institutional controls related to transferring federal contaminated
>properties. The is an interim policy, and EPA's Federal Facilities
>Restoration and Reuse Office is seeking feedback on the policy for at
>least through the beginning of May, 2000.]

This reads to me like they are letting the Fox in the Chicken House.

Example:  The GSA can transfer dirty/contaminated Army property with
controls in place that makes the Army responsible to check on the cleanup.
The Fed's get rid of the cleanup responsibility, the Army determine if the
cleanup took place and can approve just about any type of cleanup done by
the new owner.

Jim Oyler

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Follow the U.S. presidential race on our Politics list!
http://www.topica.com/lists/politics