2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: andersa@spot.Colorado.EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:57:13 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Fort Totten "Gift"

Remember Love Canal?  Hooker Chemical transferred their liability for a
massive chemical waste dump to the Love Canal area school district for $1, a
supposed generous gift.  This is an oft-used practice by corporate polluters
and government polluters as well.  My advice is to fully scrutinize the deed
and see if there were any deed restrictions or notifications of its
environmental hazards in the deed.

Adrienne Anderson
Environmental Studies Instructor
University of Colorado at Boulder