2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: brock.martha@epamail.epa.gov
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:20:08 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Fort Totten Gift

     Advice on checking deed language is right on.  However, an added
     twist:  The concern is that the collective Mr. Syretts are not
     necessarily protected by deed language alone.  I am reading between
     the lines that Mr. Syrett is not the transferee of the property, but
     is some other party -- a lessee, licensee, or perhaps an employee of
     one of the above.  Even if the new owner of the property is given
     notice about storage, release or disposal of hazardous substances on
     the property during its ownership of DoD, that is no guarantee that
     the end-user, the ones who actually need the notice because they are
     the ones that the risk-based decisions are based upon, is given
     notification.  The system of notifying interested parties, as well as
     a system of implementing institutional controls, should ensure that
     the end user is given effective notice of the environmental history
     and condition of the property.

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Follow the U.S. presidential race on our Politics list!
http://www.topica.com/lists/politics