2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: bieke@coqui.net
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:16:12 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Informe desde Vieques

Dear Friends in Solidarity with Vieques

-From Vieques with love and great appreciation for the support from all the
organizations and individuals in solidarity with the struggle of the people of
Vieques.

Before the threat of a violent intervention by the military and police forces
of the US Government and their assistants in Puerto Rico, the people of Vieques
respond with love and bravery in defense of their human rights and dignity. In
the civil disobedience camps the only weapons are justice and peace. The only
violent elements in this situation are the military. Our people are commited,
more each day, to peaceful civil disobedience in defense of our right to life.

We are attentive to the lies of Carlso Romero Barcelo and his diabolic capacity
to plant (together with the FBI and the Navy) violence through
provocative agents and fabricated evidence.

The men and women in the 14 civil disobedience camps in the bombing area and
those of us here in front of the gates to the Navy facility at Camp Garcia,
remain firm and tranquill. The Puerto Rico and US press inform about
intervention in the coming days. We have been prepared for some time now. Here
everyone is committedd to continuing actions of peacefull civil disobedience
and with plans for a continued pressure against all attempts by the Navy to
resume bombing in Vieques.

Mass mobilizations in important US cities is key to denounce the arrests and to
increase pressure against Navy plans for Vieques. We recognize the great
efforts of the organizations and individuals in solidarity with Vieques
throughout the US and in other areas.

It is crucial not to pay attention to rumors. In these critical moments the
only official information is that which comes from the community organiztions
on Vieques or from our representatives in Puerto Rico and the US.

In struggle, in solidarity,

Robert Rabin

Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com