2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marty martinson <martymartinson@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:48:47 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] NAS Alameda Firefighters' PCB Exposure

Dear Folks:

I wanted to inform you of the recent update concerning
this issue. As you might know, the Navy ADMITTED to
violating OSHA regulations and also withholding
knowledge of chemical contamination of the NAS Alameda
firefighters' workplace in its reply to the Office of
Special Counsel last Sept, in response to my whistle
blower complaint.

See posted msg at:
http://www.cpeo.org/lists/military/2000/msg00015.html

Evidently, now the Navy Inspector General has changed
its' mind, and determined that the Navy did NOT
violate the regulations it had previously admitted in
the past to violating! They have recanted their
admission of guilt in the 2nd final Navy IG report
concerning this matter.

Despite the numerous substantive and substantial
Navy-generated written records I provided to them
(Hows that for legal jargon?!), the Navy IG failed to
mention or explain most of these documents, ALL of
which concur with my allegations, as well as their
prior admission of guilt.

It has to be said that the Navys' prior admission of
guilt to the Office if Special Counsel was in fact
written by the Under Secretary of the Navy,  who
concurred with the findings of the Naval Inspector
General.  It also has to be mentioned that this is the
FIRST time any agency has admitted guilt to the OSC
after conducting an internal investigation, then
recanted that admission. The OSC is currently seeking
legal opinion with regard to the recent Navy actions.

Please click on the following link to read about the
recent Navys' change of mind:

http://www.jps.net/donroberts/

thanks....

please feel free to pass this along to others who may
be interested