2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:14:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New NIF letter on TVC web

Dear peace and environmental advocates:

One of our Tri-Valley CAREs members has just posted talking points and a
sample letter that you can use in creating YOUR NOTE to your Senators. The
sample letter urges your Senators to rein in spending on the National
Ignition Facility.

We invite you to visit our web site at http://www.igc.org/tvc. There you
will easily find the sample letter in our "NIF Boondoggle" section, right
on the front page of our site. Download the sample letter, personalize it
with any talking points or thoughts you may have, and send it to your
Senators.

The Senate is scheduled to take up the question of NIF funding when they
return from the Labor Day recess on Tuesday, September 5. Please act TODAY.

If you are unsure of who your Senators are -- we have a link right on our
sample letter so you can find out.

Send me a copy of your letter at marylia@earthlink.net if you can.

Thanks muchly. Your letter now could make a huge difference.

Peace, Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
Abolition 2000 global network for the elimination of nuclear weapons, the
U.S. Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons and the Back From the Brink
campaign to get nuclear weapons taken off hair-trigger alert.