2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:51:35 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Air Force Response on McClellan

Here is the text of the Air Force's initial response to Arc Ecology's
letter and report regarding the adjournment of the McClellan Air Force
Base RAB.

LS

DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
WASHINGTON DC
Office Of The Assistant Secretary

SAF/MIQ
1660 Air Force Pentagon
Washington DC  20330-1660

Mr. Saul Bloom
Arc Ecology
833 Market Street, Suite 1107
San Francisco  CA  94103

Dear Mr. Bloom

Thank you for your letter and report regarding the McClellan AFB
Restoration Advisory Board.  Be assured that the Air Force remains
committed to a comprehensive stakeholder involvement program at
McClellan.

You raise several issues, which I have asked my Office of General
Counsel to review.  I hope to be able to respond to your concerns by the
first of November.  To demonstrate the importance addressing the issues
you raised, I have assigned this issue to Ms. Marilyn Null, my Deputy
for Community Based Programs.  You know Marilyn is an experienced and
exceptionally capable expert in stakeholder involvement issues.  She is
available to consult with you at 703-693-9534.  My best regards.

Sincerely

THOMAS W.L. MCCALL, JR.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force
(Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health)

c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@cpeo.org