2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: rama@accutek.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:43:02 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] threats

To all parties concerned,

As many of you are aware, there has been a tremendous amount of controversy
regarding Open Burning/ Open Detonation of obsolete weapons at the Sierra
Army Depot located in Herlong, California.  Today, the Army announced the
lay off of employees and specifically pointed their finger at activists who
have been fighting these operation for the lay off.  This has turned to
issue into a personal issue rather than one of policy issues.

I am sending this email out because I believe these unprofessional
accusations have placed my safety in jeopardy as well as other activists
involved.  I fear that violence may erupt when the Lassen County Air
Quality Board addresses the issue next Tuesday.  I have been threatened.

Therefore,  I am sending this notice to all interested parties to provide
an official record of these actions and threats.

RAMA has and will always abide by the rules of none violence.  We have
never made an issue  a personal vendetta.  Unfortunately the Army and there
supporters have.

Be safe,
--
Grace Marie Potorti