2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@home.com
Date: 17 May 2001 19:35:15 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] UXO Buried on Orlando International Airport..

Stella:

I don't know if you are asking about a document specific to Orlando, but
I'll run you through the process for non-time critical removal actions.
When these are proposed, the proponent must issue an Engineering
Evaluation/Cost Analysis, otherwise known as an EE/CA.  EE/CAs have less
substance than a typical feasibility study.  The EE/CA also recommends a
peoposed action.  EPA then decides to approve or disapprove, and writes
its decision in an Action Memorandum.  This parellels the ROD that you
find with most cleanups.  Something to be concerned about is that the
EE/CA process does not require a public hearing, although public
comments are welcome.

More and more, I have seen agencies use the EE/CA process.  Groups that
I represent have convinced agencies to hold public meetings (as opposed
to public hearings) when the Draft EE/CA is available.

Hope this helps you out.

Peter Strauss
-