2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: mthaeler@aol.com
Date: 16 Aug 2001 17:26:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] UXO and "trophys"

I recently met a woman, recently widowed, who knew of my interest and
knowledge of military lands issues. She asked me, "What should I have done
with all the military ammunition my husband collected? After my husband died,

I put it all in the garbage."
I could not answer her question. Intuitively, I thought to myself - the
garbage is not the right place to dispose of old war trophys.
Is there a no-questions-asked program at military bases where people can
leave military ordinance items? or do local police departments do this kind
of thing?
I know there are programs run by some police departments for accepting guns.
What about ammunition? Hummm..
Marianne Thaeler
RAB Fort Bliss