2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 Oct 2001 18:49:18 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Time to stop........

To: cpeo-military <cpeo-military@igc.topica.com>
From: StellaVB@aol.com
Subject: Time to stop........
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:05:44 EDT

--part1_111.61a16f2.28e8c708_boundary

I have been sitting patiently and waiting for the outcome of the Sept.
11th
activities.  I have talked with the Camp Bonneville BRAC coordinator
questioning what effect, if any, that day would have on base closures.
I was
relieved to hear it would not have any effect.

After reading the postings on CPEO's listserver I have major concerns
regarding bills that have language inserted under the wire.  It is
obvious
that everyone's attention is focused on the global issues regarding
terrorist
activities.  Terrorists strike when least expected and do so on the sly.

The last thing we need in our government regarding laws passed are these
same
type tactics.  I may be stretching the definition of terrorist tactics
by
suggesting such a thing (inserting language under the wire or on the
sly)
when laws are being written or when they hit the floors for approval but

maybe it's time to start addressing this activity.

It is time all agencies, special groups and elected officials quit using
such
tactics.  They have never been appropriate in the past and given the
devastating consequences of September 11th, such tactics are even more
abhorrent.

Sincerely,
Stella Bourassa