2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 2 Jan 2003 19:29:14 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Perchlorate in Lettuce - a new report from EWG

from Kenneth R. Gilland <krg@rti.org>

Hi Lenny:

I've noted that you have had a number of postings in the past few weeks
on perchlorate issues.  The Interstate Technology Regulatory Council's
(ITRC's) In Situ Bioremediation Workgroup has published a document on
evaluating in situ bioremediation as an alternative at contaminated
sites.  The document contains modules that deal with sites contaminated
with perchlorate as well as nitrate and carbon tetrachloride.  There is
an overview of some issues associated with perchlorate contamination.
It can be viewed at the following URL:

http://www.itrcweb.org/user/isb-8r.pdf

Established in 1995, the ITRC is a state-led, national coalition of
personnel from the regulatory and technology programs of more than 35
states and the District of Columbia; three federal agencies (DOE, EPA,
and DOD); and tribal, public, and industry stakeholders. The
organization is devoted to reducing barriers and speeding interstate
deployment of better, more cost-effective, innovative environmental technologies.

The ITRC Homepage can be found at the following URL:

http://www.itrcweb.org/common/default.asp

I worked with the in situ bioremediation team in the development of this
document.  I would be very interested in any feedback, as would all of
our team members.

Kindest regards,

Ken Gilland

Ken Gilland