2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: pedal4mother@yahoo.com
Date: 3 Jan 2003 22:15:49 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] concerns on the NMD interceptor missile deployment status

I spoke with the public affairs (Mr. Hokanson) dept of
Vandenberg AFB (Santa Barbara County, Calif) regarding
a public hearing for the deployment issue for the four
interceptor missiles due to come online at the base in
2004. No answers could be give for my concerns
regarding the material that will be placed on the tips
of the interceptors. He stated that the existing
missile silos will be used for deployment, and not new
ones built.
I was told that the public should get a hearing on
this matter sometime midyear 2003. We need to be ready
with serious questions.

-sheila baker