2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Jana Herbert <reininthunder@earthlink.net>
Date: 6 Jan 2003 15:28:06 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Digest for cpeo-military@igc.topica.com, issue 678

Lenny, when they say "do the math," the stats are there.  It is common that
anyone can manipulate stats to prove just about any theory they want.  But,
when you have a certain high percentage of something that is higher than the
norm, I would think that warrants further investigation, e.g., here in Yuba
County, CA, there is a very high incidence of particular cancers and other
maladies of death that jump out at me after looking at the overall State
rates...yet, no one has taken the initiative to do a cluster search; offing
the high incidence to socio-economic reasons by one Board of Supervisor.
The bottom line here is no one knows yet if there are clusters and whether
there are socio-economic reasons...of course, I don't understand how
socio-economics would factor into a long list of death warrants on the
people of Yuba County.  What I do know is that we have the second PAVE PAWS
in the US, contaminated water from Beale AFB and other factors like the
copper and gold mines and dumping of crap in the rivers, TCE plumes popping
up in various places, and a whole lot of land which has yet to be tested in
nearby urban areas.  I think with the Erin Brockovich story and the PG&E (?)
contamination, Fallon, NV has good reason to question the clusters...and,
they are clusters.  I have found by asking a lot of questions so far with
Beale AFB personnel and the Washington level of AF, that the military has an
almost duty to deny having anything to do with contamination, deaths of
innocents, and otherwise, taking responsibility for what health risks they
might unleashed on the public at large.  I'm not one to accept any
accusation people make against the military or anyone else concerning causes
of health problems, but certain things are very apparent to me: there was an
Agent Orange problem which evolved out of the Vietnam War, there is a
"syndrome" which popped up from the Persian Gulf, the people in Fallon, NV
should be concerned and have good attorneys, and Yuba County needs further
research at the cost of the DOD (taxpayers).  JMO.  Jana Walsh