2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: info@cswab.com
Date: 13 Feb 2003 16:45:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Dioxin/perchlorate correlation?

Dioxin/perchlorate correlation?

Burning materials that contain chlorine can produce dioxins.  We also
know that perchlorates are coming from areas that had/have burning
activities such as OB/OD disposal sites.  Consequently, I'm curious to
know if routine testing (soils, groundwater, surface water, and
sediments) for dioxins is occurring where perchlorate contamination is
suspected or known.  If so, what are they finding?   If not, I'd like to
hear opinions as to why it is not prudent to do so.

Laura

--

Laura Olah, Executive Director

Citizens for Save Water Around Badger