2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 13:35:41 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CORRECTION: Asbestos at the former Lowry AFB

PLEASE NOTE: The first paragraph of a posting made by Anne Callison
<awbarbour@aol.com> ("Asbestos at former Lowry AFB") got cut off.  The
following is the complete posting.

Back in the 93-94 timeframe when the Lowry Economic Recovery Program was
negotiating a purchase price and conditions for the transfer of the
former base, I remember suggesting to this board that they make Air
Force removal as one of the conditions of purchase.  Chuckles all
around.

And now in April of 2003 we have families who have paid from $250K to a
million bucks and more for new homes on top of pipes covered in asbestos
- probably from, or to, a steam plant which served a hospital the Lowry
RAB just learned of on 4/16/03.

Moral of the story:  Demand, do not waiver, demand and receive and
review aerial photographs for every square inch of the base or project
you are working on. Only then will you have even a clue of where to look
for
what.

Anne Callison
Lowry AFB RAB