2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 May 2003 14:20:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Better guidance needed for former site cleanup programs -- re..

The following was posted by Wayne Crist <WWCRIST@mactec.com>

Jim
I don't know about others but I would expect they are the same as DoD.
In DoD "administrating" and "oversight" are done by civil servants and
generally their pay is not figured in funding of cleanups.  In some case
like the US Army Corp of Engineering, if their contract vehicle is used,
and they provide oversight they may charge less than double digit charge
to fund their role.  At Air Force bases I have been associated with
funds spent are more like 90-95% to the cleanup contractors.  Don't be
so quick to assume the worse.  It would be far more interesting to
investigate where and how activist groups get their money. And how it
is spent.

Wayne Crist
Contractor