2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 9 May 2003 14:34:53 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Land transfer at Pease to be delayed

New Hampshire
PORTSMOUTH HERALD
Land transfer at Pease to be delayed
By Christine Gillette
cgillette@seacoastonline.com
May 9, 2003

PORTSMOUTH - Plans to transfer more than 2,000 acres of land at Pease
International Tradeport from federal to state ownership have been
delayed until at least June.

The transfer - which officials said in March could happen as soon as
April - is on hold while both sides review the language in the deed that
would change the ownership of the bulk of the former Air Force base to
the Pease Development Authority.

A face-to-face meeting between the PDA and the Air Force Real Property
Agency, formerly the Base Conversion Agency, will likely be necessary
before the transfer can be finalized, David Strainge, environmental
coordinator with the agency, said Wednesday.

"We had submitted a draft deed to the PDA, and they have been fairly
busy and they have very recently gotten us comments on the draft," said
Strainge. "It’s probably going to be a good solid month before we
finalize that."

"Things are moving forward," said Susan MacDonald, the PDA’s director of
administration and public relations.

While Strainge estimates the transfer should be done in a month, the PDA
is setting Sept. 30 as a goal for the completion.

This article can be viewed at:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/05092003/business/27700.htm