2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 16 May 2003 20:42:50 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Fort Dix cleanup nearing end

--

Perhaps someone can tell me how plutonium was released to the
environment at Fort Dix.  The article states that it resulted from  "a
fire inside a missile shelter cracked the shell of a nuclear
anti-aircraft missile and leaked almost 12 ounces of plutonium."

This seems a bit implausible to me unless the US was going to use
nuclear missiles for anti-aircraft weapons.  Talk about bad planning!
Did the US ever have such a scheme?

Thanks,

Peter