2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 May 2003 19:59:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] EPA to Speak on DOD Exemptions 5/20/2003

[The Diane Rheam's show is a live call-in broadcast from Washington, DC. If you live outside of the area you can pick up the show on the web at: http://www.wamu.org/dr/index.html ]

Diane Rheam talks with EPA Administrator Christie Todd Whitman
Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:00 a.m. EDT

Diane talks with EPA Administrator Christie Todd Whitman about environmental issues: the Pentagon's requests for exemptions from certain environmental laws, new rules for off-road diesel vehicles, the "Clear Skies" initiative, and more. After talking with Ms. Whitman, Diane will be joined by environmental reporters Eric Pianin of the Washington Post and Margie Kriz of the National Journal .

Join the conversation during The Diane Rehm Show by calling 1-800-433-8850

Issues:
* Pentagon's requests for exemptions from certain environmental laws
* New Rules off-road diesel vehicles
* The "Clear Skies" Initiative

Aimee R. Houghton
Associate Director, CPEO