2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 20 May 2003 21:23:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Update of RCRA, CERLA, Clean Air proposals

Neither the Senate nor House Defense Authorization bills, as approved by
their respective Armed Services committees, contain the Defense
Department "Readiness and Range Preservation Initiative" proposals for
limiting RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act), CERCLA
(Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act,
or "Superfund" law), or the Clean Air Act.

The Senate bill has been introduced to the Senate floor, and the House
bill will be introduced to the floor shortly.

However, we have just learned that Senators Inhofe and Allard are
working on crafting their own amendment modifying RCRA. We do not know
what might be contained in that amendment, or its chances for inclusion
in the legislation.

LS