2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 21 May 2003 14:28:36 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Whitman Quits EPA

The following news flash can be viewed online at:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/05212003_nw_whitman.html
Whitman Quits EPA
WPVI

WASHINGTON, D.C.-May 21, 2003 — Former New Jersey Governor Christie
Whitman has resigned as President Bush's Environmental Protection Agency
administrator.
Whitman said in a letter to President Bush that she was leaving to spend
time with family.

"As rewarding as the past two-and-a-half years have been for me
professionally, it is time to return to my home and husband in New
Jersey, which I love just as you do your home state of Texas," she wrote
Bush.

The Senate voted 99-0 to confirm New Jersey Gov. Christie Whitman to
lead the Environmental Protection Agency in the Bush administration, a
promotion that ended the tenure of the state's first female governor. To
assume the post, Whitman resigned as governor one year shy of completing
her second and final term.