2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: themissinglink@eznetinc.com
Date: 1 Jul 2003 15:05:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Credibility Gap

I am wondering if the recent flap over the administration overstating the
intelligence used to attack Iraq has had any tangible effect on the DOD's
misguided plan to exempt itself from environmental laws.  It is obvious that
the administration is looking to roll back environmental regulations as a
philosophical matter and tried to manufacture issues where training was
affected by these regulations.

It is also clear that the DOD is using taxpayer money to push this
philosophical proposition which I something I resent.  The rush of media
talking points in the run up to proposed legislation can be explained in no
other way than DOD marketing and lobbying this position. It is one more
reason, the DOD being partisan against environmental regulation, that
strengthens my belief that having the DOD be the lead agency in their own
cleanups is an illegal conflict of interest in an administrative action.

There is nothing more un-American than poisoning Americans and polluting
America.

Steven Pollack
www.FamilyJeweler.com/Fortweb.htm